Monday, April 22, 2013

What We Learned in Kindergarten


Wanna know why I love these kids? Well, I can't really explain that. Love is never easy to explain. But I can give you a little glimpse of how wonderful these kids are. Today, they each told me something that they learned this year. We are compiling these thoughts for a class memory book. Read their responses and you'll see a little bit of why I love this class.


 I learned that when you are nice, you can make a lot of friends. I learned how to add.

I learned how to make friends and how to hang up my coat and backpack. I also learned how to play with people. I learned not to throw puppets around.

I learned not to drag your backpack when there’s no wheels on it. I learned not to throw toys and I learned that you make friends when you play with them a lot and be nice to them. 

 I learned that if someone is hurt or their knee is scraped, you should help them and get them a band-aid. I also learned that you should be quiet in the line.

I learned that I like school. I learned that my brain is smart.

I learned how to read. I learned “Don’t throw your pencils on the floor.”

I learned how to  do math like subtraction. I learned that if you keep your pencil box clean it will look much nicer. I learned that you should share at centers.

I learned not to throw crayons at people. I learned to be respectful. I learned that a fire drill is a practice for keeping people safe. 

I learned not to wear mittens all day.  I learned to not run around too much. I learned to only paint on the paper.

I learned how to pack my backpack. I learned to walk quietly to line up.  I learned how to draw pictures.

I learned not to scribble on the words in a book with black. I learned “Don’t be mean.” I learned all kinds of dances.

I learned how to write and read paper books. I learned that swinging on the playground is fun.

I learned how to write the ABCs. I learned to bring boots to school. I learned that you should be nice to your friends. I learned how to be good and listen.

I learned how to count to 100. I learned to sing the Days of the Week song. I learned that it is easy to make friends.

I learned that you can’t fight outside because you will get in trouble. I learned how to read and how to be responsible.

I learned my teacher’s name. I learned that “We are nice” is the number one rule. I learned how to write stories.

I learned the ABCs. I learned that I can ask people to be my friend. I learned that I can get toys out and play with someone. I learned how to count to 100.

I learned that playing around with my friends is fun. I learned my ABCs. I learned that you have to give your lunch money to the lunch lady.

I learned that writing the ABCs makes you very smart. If you practice writing, you can write poetry. I learned how to play Bump in math.

I learned how to write poems. I learned that if the ball bounces over the fence, the teacher has to go get it. I learned how to build a robot.

I learned how to listen and be nice. I learned that if you crawl on the ground at recess, you will get dirty. I learned that if you make a mess you have to clean it up.

I learned how to write “How To” books and how to write poetry. I learned not to drag my backpack.

- - - -So there you have it. Makes me want to squeeze them and keep them in kindergarten. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice post....Thanks for sharing


    Nilangi

    www.mysmartangels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete