Friday, August 31, 2012

Airplane theme

I'm so excited to have my kindergarten classroom just about ready for the first day of school. I was looking for something new and interesting when I was decorating, and my best friend suggested that I include airplanes and maps to signify that we are on an adventure together. I love it, and think it makes the room a happier place.


Here's my desk. (Already cluttered, but I'm still figuring out how to organize this for the different kind of instruction that will happen in kindergarten.)







The bulletin board announces that we are Soaring into Kindergarten.
I hung the letters from pins like this:


Each child has a boarding pass:

And I used little airplane touches around the room... Our reading tent is designed to look like we're in the clouds.



Paper airplanes are flying around the room!

I also have been reading about the importance of making print significant in a Kindergarten classroom. Instead of starting with everything labeled and a bunch of print on the walls, we will add print throughout the year as it relates to letters and words we are learning. The idea is that the kids won't be overwhelmed by print right away, and everything hung in the classroom will be significant to them.

A little writing center is set up in a train case. I hope to use more suitcases to organize centers throughout the year.

So, there you have it. Ready for our great adventures in kindergarten!

I got my free boarding pass template at this site:
http://www.ayleebits.com/templates.htm

Letters were cut on my Cricut. I love that toy, and I'm using it to create my next kindergarten project- a darling picture frame for the first day of school. I can't wait to show you!


No comments:

Post a Comment