Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Reading Tent

I have this thing with PVC pipe. It's not really an obsession. But almost.

I had a cool reading tent in my classroom about 3 years ago, and decided to build it again this year. This time, it is covered with a cool bed canopy that I got from the FREE pile at a garage sale a few years ago. I never glue my PVC creations together, I just connect them with (white) duct tape so I can pull this whole baby apart and make something else with the pieces later. For now, though, I think it is an awesome addition to our classroom reading space.

The idea is that I want the learning centers in my classroom to have well defined spaces. I hope my kindergarten friends will think it a fun place to read and look at books with friends.

You can't see the PVC frame in this picture, but it is a lot like the one at this website: http://www.angryjuliemonday.com/2011/08/01/pvc-pipe-fort-tutorial/

The rest of the room is still coming together. I'll add more pictures soon.
Two weeks until school starts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment