Friday, September 6, 2013

Coloring owls

We color a lot in September. They are learning to join in and follow the routine. They are learning to work independently. They are building stamina and fine motor control for writing. Plus, kids know how to color. It can be soothing and comforting to have an assignment that they completely know how to do.

I am not making judgements here... but LOOK at the personalities of my students, as displayed in their coloring today!!

THE REALIST. I'm not going to need the other 62 crayons.
THE STUDENT. Following directions, and, "Can I get extra credit for the tail?"
!THE PERFECTIONIST. This is going to take a while, but I will get it right
THE ARTIST. I have my own way of doing things.
THE FREE SPIRIT. Turn over the paper, I can make my own owl.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I happened to chance upon your blog and found it very interesting!

    We have recently launched a science app that uses augmented reality to enhance classroom teaching. The app

    has 3D models for kindergarten to grade 12. I thought you might want to check it out and may be review it on your

    blog, if possible.

    It is a paid app(with a few models free) but in case you are interested in trying it out I will be happy to provide you

    with a free copy.

    The link to the app is:

    iPhone/iPad
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/augmenter-augmented-reality/id997354409?ls=1&mt=8

    android:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.augmented.android

    You can also search for the app on the app store as 'Augmenter'.

    Do let me know if you would be interested. I am really Looking forward to your response.

    happy teaching!

    Antara
    antara@augmenterapp.com
    http://augmenterapp.com/

    ReplyDelete